- Community Sport Submissions
- Community Sport Public Forums
- Independent Sport Poster (PDF 774 KB)
- Independent Sport Flyer (PDF 741 KB)
Community Sport Submissions
As part of its 2009 Community Sport Consultation Process, the Panel held a second public submission process that focused on community sport. The submissions process opened from 2-27 March 2009.
The Panel will draw on all submissions to inform the development of its report to the Minister for Sport, Kate Ellis MP.
Contact the Sport Panel Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries. Thank you for your interest in the work of the Sport Panel.
Please note that public submissions for the community sport process closed on 27 March 2009. The Sport Panel Secretariat are no longer accepting submissions.
Community Sport Public Forums
In March – May 2009 the Panel will hold public forums in thirteen metropolitan and regional centres around Australia. The consultations facilitate a comprehensive consultation process to inform the panel on important issues and potential changes to community sport in Australia.
The public consultation process will focus on the Panel’s following Terms of Reference:
2: Better place sport and physical activity as a key component of the Government’s preventative health approach.
3. Strengthen pathways from junior sport to grassroots community sport, right through to elite and professional sport.
5. Identify opportunities to increase and diversify the funding base for sport through corporate sponsorship, media and any recommended reforms, such as enhancing the effectiveness of the Australian Sports Foundation.
All members of the community are invited to attend the public forums – to be held in the following locations:
|Panel Member Representative|
122 The Esplanade
|23 March||Sam Mostyn|
|Sydney metro||Citigate Sebel|
28 Albion Street Sydney
|31 March||Sam Mostyn|
|Albury/Wodonga||Comfort Inn and Suites Blazing Stump|
4327 Anzac Parade
|1 April||Sam Mostyn|
156 Bathurst Street Hobart
|2 April||David Crawford|
|Brisbane metro||Sofitel Brisbane|
249 Turbot Street Brisbane
|6 April||Pam Tye|
|Cairns||Novotel Oasis Resort|
122 Lake Street
|7 April||Pam Tye|
|Adelaide metro||Mercure Grosvenor|
125 North Terrace Adelaide
|14 April||David Crawford|
|Melbourne metro||Hotel Grand Chancellor|
131 Lonsdale Street Melbourne
|15 April||David Crawford|
1 London Circuit Canberra City
|16 April||David Crawford|
|Perth metro||Seasons of Perth|
37 Pier St
|20 April||Colin Carter|
|Albany||Motel le Grande|
479 Albany Highway
|22 April||Colin Carter|
|Dubbo||Dubbo RSL Club|
Cnr Brisbane & Wingewarra Streets
|29 April||Pam Tye|
|Coffs Harbour||Coffs Harbour|
|1 May||Pam Tye|
As places are limited, please RSVP your attendance and preferred location to email@example.com
Independent Sport Panel Consultations
7pm – 10pm
- Setting the Scene
- Sport Panel Opening Remarks
- Discussion Forum
- Better place sport and physical activity as a key component of the Government’s preventative health approach
- Strengthen pathways from junior sport to grassroots community sport, right through to elite and professional sport
- Identify opportunities to increase and diversify the funding based for sport through corporate sponsorship, media and recommended reforms
- Issues relating to the other Terms of Reference
- Ensure Australia’s continued elite sporting success
- Maintain Australia’s cutting edge approach to sports science, research and technology
- Close Discussion Forum